WELCOME

Please feel free to browse around, share your comments and feedbacks regarding my prose and poetry. I would love to hear from you!

MMH

Taking life as it comes ....

Taking life as it comes ....
Be serene and yet cheerful ! It creates the beauty in you ......

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It has been a tumultuous week/month

Monday, the 7th of February started right with a grade level training about Constructed Response; however, towards afternoon my "chapping lips" started to react negatively. This problem occurred since the week after I had my wisdom tooth extracted (Jan. 5). All the while, I thought the drying and chapping of my lips were caused by the very cold weather. I responded to the problem by just applying the common "Chapstick". Last week, the condition got worst. My lips appeared "puffy" and visible cracks were showing. Last weekend I tried "Blistex" thinking it would be better and would help the "puffiness" come down. It did not. I went to school last Monday(Feb. 7) with the "lip problem". The condition worsen as afternoon came. The talking had caused my lips to stretch and so when I arrived home, there were "break-outs". I said to myself I can't make it to school for the following day if I don't find the remedy. Sure enough, early Tuesday, my lips were worst. I had to call for a Sub. That same morning, I tried contacting a dermatologist to look at it. I found Dr. Landow of Henderson. He saw my lips, took a picture of it, and prescribed me "Hydrocortisone Valerato Ointment 0.2%. He said to apply it to my lips three times a day. As soon as I got the ointment from Walgreens in Sahara and Nellis Blvd, I applied it. I continued to observe the development up to this writing (Wed, AM). There are 4 cracks on my upper lip, and four cracks on my lower lip. The skin around my lips, and on my lips are starting to scalp/peel. I called for a Sub for today last night, knowing my condition will stay bad. I surely hope, I will improve so I can go back to school tomorrow. It remains to be seen. I am not sure how long this condition will stay. I pray it would soon go away. Oh, God! Please help me!!!

No comments: