WELCOME

Please feel free to browse around, share your comments and feedbacks regarding my prose and poetry. I would love to hear from you!

MMH

Taking life as it comes ....

Taking life as it comes ....
Be serene and yet cheerful ! It creates the beauty in you ......

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Beautiful Music.. listening to Pandora Radio and my thoughts ...

Sunday, March 30, 2008: As I am writing this prose my Pandora Radio is on. I am listening to Country Western Music. Writing prose and poetry is similar to composing a song. They are very similar in a way that both writers express their thoughts, opinions, principles and ideas about life and lives surrounding them. Country music is a tradition in America especially the USA. It can be traced back in the 1900's when the early Americans were building this country. The country western music is said to have originated from the fiddle tunes in Southern Appalachians which at that time they called the "old times music". The songs reflected their daily lives from working in the fields, in the mines, in the ranches and steel factories. It was during their days off that they got together playing instruments, ( guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, mountain dulcimer ) singing, dancing, and drinking at the same time. Their songs expressed their love and joy, pains and hardships especially during the Depression years. Of course, they were expressing their dreams and hopes, too. The love, the courage, the trust and faith for one another and the camaraderie among themselves kept them going which resulted to the creation of this music. Country Western Music is a tradition and every American in this great country have all but praise to this music genre.

I, myself love it! Music is an integral part of my life. For me, music is a discipline. It creates a lot of good and great things. It gives me joy, inspiration, courage, love and peace. As I listen to the lyrics, it tells me about the truth and reality surrounding us. It makes me come into a realization, into an acknowledgment and appreciation of all the beauty within me and the people around me. I always say, " Magnify the beautiful and the good, dwarf the ugly and the bad."

That is a poetic phrase I offer everyone to think about. The loveliness of this saying is as good as it gets. Ponder, create and live the way you want to live!!

1 comment:

Ohskar said...

I am glad that you are using Pandora. It's a great way to discover new music and it's absolutely free!