WELCOME

Please feel free to browse around, share your comments and feedbacks regarding my prose and poetry. I would love to hear from you!

MMH

Taking life as it comes ....

Taking life as it comes ....
Be serene and yet cheerful ! It creates the beauty in you ......

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Life is a Journey

If life is a journey, what then do I need?

I need a car and a roadmap,
a compass and a clock
The car should have an engine
Running right, running just
A compass that's reliable,
and a clock that buzz
A roadmap that can lead me
Where to go, where to stop
A ME full of vivacity
No freeze, no cease!

My body needs food
The car needs grease
My body needs sleep
The car needs rest
My body needs bath
The car needs wash
My body needs drink
The car needs gas.

If life is a journey, where would I go?
If life is a journey, how would I flow?

Like a car take a road, so smooth, so straight
Like the car move slow, being cautious, being safe
Like the car avoid the bumps
Avoid the potholes, and the flaws
Like the car keep the gear
Switch to drive or to rear.

What else do I need?
To keep my journey bright
Keep the positive, healthy feelings
absolutely might
Sleep tight when you can
Avoid driving drunk
Stay awake, be uptight
Keep the eyes open wide.

Life is a journey indeed
I now believe
Be cheerful not cranky
Be brave, unafraid
Face life with excitement
Put a smile on your face
Find peace as you go through
Life's journey is so true.

Life's journey is real
No mask to feel
Life's journey a treasure
Every moment of the year
Make life rich as treasure
Nothing to hide, nothing to fear
Live life to its' fullest
make your journey the brightest.

If life is a journey, what do I need?

Just myself, and all the others
In this world full of hope
Live and love, give, forgive
Love each other is what we need.

Minerva M. Honkala

No comments: